Three people arrested after the kidnapping of a six-year-old Amy’Leigh returned to court to apply for bail.
- Tharina Human and Laetitia Nel, who are accused of kidnapping 6-year-old Amy’Leigh de Jager, have asked the Vanderbijlpark Magistrate’s Court to allow them to be moved from “Sun City” female prison after their lives were allegedly threatened.
- Investigating officer Clayton Motloung testified that the accused is a danger to women and children. It is possible that she might do it again.
- Magistrate Khota asked Motloung if there were still suspects on the run in the case and whether there would be an arrest soon. Motloung said there was still one suspect at large. The man lived on Van Zyl’s plot.
- The bail application is expected to continue on October 1, when the defence is expected to present its case.
- Recent photo of Amy’Leigh on social media shows how broken Amy-Leigh feels inside.