Use the WhatsApp fingerprint lock feature to protect your chats.
Over the months WhatsApp has been rolling out a couple of new updates for both Android and iOS users. Part of the new update allows you set up a fingerprint lock to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp doesn’t have password protection, but this service lets you secure your messages with biometric authentication instead.
Once you enable this feature, you’ll have to unlock the app with your fingerprint to view your chats.
Here’s how to get the feature on WhatsApp for Android.
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap the action overflow menu (three vertical dots) on the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Account.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Scroll down to see all the options.
- Tap Fingerprint lock.
- Toggle Unlock with fingerprint to On.
- Verify using your fingerprint to enable the feature.
- Once active, you’ll be able to set a time for when WhatsApp automatically locks.
Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode.
Read more: 5 New Features Coming to WhatsApp